SHORIDGE HILLS HOMEOWNERS ASSOCIATION, INC.
SHOREHAM, NEW YORK
RULES GOVERNING THE USE OF THE BEACH
The following statement of policy has been adopted by the Board of Directors for the Shoridge Hills Homeowners Association, Inc. effective May 28, 2009.
The Shoridge Hills Homeowners Association, Inc., as the owner of the beach and parking areas, is responsible for the maintenance and condition of these assets, therefore the Board of Directors acting on behalf of the Association has the right to establish a set of rules as they pertain to use of the beach and parking area. These rules shall be applicable to all residents of Shoridge Hills. It shall not be construed that these rules are intended to deny the property owners of Shoridge Hills use of the property.
II. BEACH RULES
- No dogs shall be allowed on the beach during the hours of 10:00AM to 6:00 PM
- All boating and fishing shall be restricted to the areas outside of a strip 100m feet west and 200 feet east of the beach path.
- Keep the beach clean. Deposit all refuse in the container at the top of the stairs.
- An officer, i.e., president, vice-president, treasurer or secretary of the Association shall be notified prior to the use of the beach for a party of more than ten (10) people. A member of the resident host family must accompany the party and be responsible for the group and the removal of any refuse.
- Climbing on the bluffs is not allowed.
III. GUEST USE OF THE BEACH
The use of the beach by guests of Shoridge Hills residents is a privilege which should not be abused, but used with restraint so there is no violation of the intent of our deed’s restrictions for use exclusively by Shoridge Hills owners and residents. Self-invited “guests” and persons to whom blanket invitations have been extended to “come and use the beach at any time”, with or without the company of the resident issuing the invitation are not considered bona fide guests. Guests need not be accompanied by their hosts, but should be expected to name them on request. Invitations may only be extended by adults, not their children, and the adults are responsible for their guests, including the revocation of the invitation should the guest behave objectionably.
IV. CONSTRUCTION AND STORAGE ON THE BEACH
The right to store a boat, build/place a locker, construct stairs, or any other encumbrances on the beach shall be granted by the officers and directors of the Association only to members in good standing upon review of said request. The officers and directors of the Association retain the right to request plans, set limits and conditions on said encumbrances as a condition of approval to use Association property. The racks must be no larger than 10ftx10ft and no higher than the highest structure currently built.